Monday, September 28, 2009

ASK BEFORE IT IS ALL OVER

There are certain moments in your life, when you're standing on a wide open field, and no matter how good your hand-eye coordination is, you won't be able to catch that curve ball that life throws you. What I do, is stand and wait, because most of the time, we see the curve ball coming. Some people choose to ignore it and hibernate in a state of denial. I choose to make the most of it, by psyching myself up. I usually go watch a movie at the cinema, I buy myself a double chocolate muffin, or relax with a hot cup of rooibos tea. I sometimes see it as a form of procrastination, but once you realise that the curve balls are stepping stones, you invite all your close brothers and others to join in the fun. When you are about to go for a stressful interview, write a final examination, or take your tenth try at a souffle out of the oven, you need all the support that you can get. When others feel involved in your life, they feel that they are important. When others are involved in your life, before a curve ball comes, and they are able to rejoice once it has been caught and thrown back, they feel like a part of the team. How big is your team? Are you the only member, with an audience on the sidelines?

No comments:

Post a Comment